Tuesday, June 1, 2010

He's laughing!


I'm still figuring the ins and outs of my new camera (this photo is too blurry). But I think you can see Owen's pure joy---this is a laugh! He mostly laughs at his mom nowadays, who will do almost any silly and bizarre facial expression to provoke him. I guess we're all born with a penchant for slapstick humor.

We went to the doctor today and Owen weighed in at 14 lbs 11 oz! That's a gain of 2 lbs in just 4 weeks! Owen's tummy is doing much better since his mom stopped drinking caffeine and the doctor is very pleased with his progress. He's perfect and healthy! He also got another shot today (HiB).
Here we are---mom (sans caffeine) looking a bit haggard. I have successfully gotten Owen to sleep through the night, not without some labor on my part. He goes to bed now at about 8 and semi-wakes at 3 or 4. Instead of feeding him I just soothe him, and he goes back to sleep (some nights more easily than others). Then he wakes up for good between 6 and 7 and gets his breakfast. He's doing really well! Pretty soon, maybe mom will get to sleep through the night, too (fingers crossed).

1 comment: